2018 Lenten Service Schedule
“Even His Enemies – Unlikely Prophets”
The theme for our Lenten series this year comes from those passages in the Gospels where some of the most unlikely and unwilling people were brought by God to speak the truth about Jesus.
It started with John reporting that Caiaphas, the high priest that year, said, “it is better for you that one man should die for the people, not that the whole nation should perish.” Then John reports “He did not say this of his own accord, but being high priest that year he prophesied ...”
There are other incidences, and we will explore them.
Our schedule is:
- Ash Wednesday 2/14 – The Scribes (Luke 5:17-26)
- Wednesday 2/21 – Caiaphas (John 11:44-53)
- Wednesday 2/28 – The Council (Luke 22:66-71)
- Wednesday 3/7 – Pilate (John 18:36-37; 19:9-22)
- Wednesday 3/14 – Judas (Matthew 27:3-5)
- Wednesday 3/21 – The Crowd (Matthew 27:22-26)